Respiratory specialist physiotherapist, Karen Humphreys (MCSP), provides assessment, treatment and management of a range of respiratory diseases. These include COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - an umbrella term for emphysema, chronic bronchitis or both), bronchiectasis, asthma, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis, hyperventilation syndrome, chest infections and pneumonia.
Karen has clinics based at Stow Physiotherapy Services and The Witney Physiotherapy Centre . She also recognises that your condition may affect you getting out and about and so she offers home visits, residential home visits and nursing home visits.
Karen's aim is to:
- carry out a thorough assessment in order to provide you with individualised treatment
- educate you on your condition
- teach you techniques to clear phlegm/sputum from your chest
- help you to manage your breathlessness
- teach and correct your inhaler technique
- advise you on exercising with a respiratory disease
- teach you breathing retraining techniques to reduce symptoms of hyperventilation
- provide you with information on how to recognise an exacerbation of your condition and when to seek further medical treatment
- provide assessments and treatments in the most appropriate setting, whether that is in a clinic, in the comfort of your own home or within a care home.